Marine SDI (MSDI) Concept Development Study Workshop
The Marine Concept Development Study Workshop will be held on October 23, 2018 at the Department of Transportation.
The Marine Workshop is being organized by the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC), supported by the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, and hosted by U.S Department of Transportation.
The workshop is being conducted as part of the OGC’s Marine Concept Development Study (CDS) to assess the current state of data and product management and exchange technologies used in the marine domain. The knowledge gained from the CDS will provide the foundation for development of a future pilot that will in turn advance the state of Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDIs) that support marine data across the globe. You were identified by the community as a stakeholder that could provide valuable information and insight to support this activity.
Specifically, the purpose of this interactive workshop is to inform and guide future OGC Innovation Program Activities such as community based interoperability pilots by:
- Engaging different stakeholders with detailed knowledge and experience with marine data
- Helping participants better understand relevant activities planned and underway at OGC and other key organizations
- Engaging executive level community decision makers and participants to understand the most important challenges
- Engaging operational and technical stakeholders to gather and share information on the current state geospatial data and services application concerning the marine domain, including:
- Understanding what data, applications, tools and services stakeholders need
- Understanding what data, applications, tools and services are available
- Understanding the discoverability, accessibility, and usability of resources
- Understanding interoperability challenges and integration opportunities
- Identifying gaps in data, applications, tools and services
NOTE: Registration for the workshop is free but mandatory. You MUST be registered to receive the remote access instructions!
For more information on the Marine Concept Development Study visit the project page here.
1200 New Jersey AVE SE,
Washington, DC 20590