OGC Marketing Director
General / Who are we looking for
We are taking the OGC to the next level and we're looking for an OGC Marketing Director to oversee and manage all OGC's marketing activities. He/she ensures the team is effectively promoting OGC's vision, mission and impacts, and targeting the relevant audience in our marketing campaigns. He/she keeps his/her team motivated and encourages creativity and collaboration.
Duties & Responsibilities / What you will be accountable to
- Develop, implement & evaluate OGC marketing plan, both annual & quarterly plans
- Coordinate and rollout OGC’s Marketing activities (both online and offline)
- Develop and manage OGC’s marketing budget
- Gather market research to identify relevant audience(s) for marketing campaigns aimed at OGC members and non-members
- Work with the communication manager to develop digital newsletters, development and follow up of online campaigns, monitoring e-trends (maintaining and updating social media channels, ...)
- Lead rebranding and website overhaul activities
- Create digital campaigns & inbound campaigns as well as track the ROI of the campaigns
- Manage development and implementation of communication tools such as advertisements, advertorials, product brochures and flyers
- Manage and support the creation of OGC’s quarterly marketing events & activity plans
- Manage daily contacts with internal and external partners (e.g. press agencies, publishers, events agencies, etc)
- Maintain the OGC Events and marketing calendar
- Consolidate and update OGC’s marketing collateral (including PowerPoint and stationery templates for staff use)
- Coordinate closely with the OGC Professional Staff
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A once in a lifetime opportunity for exposure to a multitude of domains deriving value from location, to organizations from all over the world, and to the latest and greatest in technologies impacting and impacted by location
- Flexibility to shape the “face” of OGC and the messaging we send the world about our consortium and our work
- Working closely with our alliance partners (an exposure to associations, consortiums and standards bodies worldwide)
- Platform to inspire the next generation to get involved
- Being part of a team of world-class experts specializing in location
- No shortage of outlets for showing leadership and creativity
Skills & experience / What you’ll need to be considered
He/she should be a creative individual with fantastic interpersonal skills. He/she must be motivated and possess strong leadership skills. And should also be an excellent communicator, both orally and in writing. Must be comfortable working in a virtual environment.
- Bachelor degree or higher, preferably in marketing, communications, design, journalism or a related field
- 5+ years of marketing experience - knowledgeable on principles, practices, and techniques of marketing strategies
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Genuine appreciation for the mission of OGC - using location to connect people, communities, technologies and decision making to create a sustainable future for us and our children; hungry to learn more about OGC’s mission and impacts, staff and members, standards and communities, programs and products. Experience in the geospatial/location domain is a plus.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Proven proficient computer skills
- Proven project management and budgeting experience
- Experience with web site development and social media platforms - Adobe Creative Suite (or similar design programs) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) certification is a plus
- Creativity for inventing new campaigns and products
- Knowledgeable of market research practices, techniques and experienced in analyzing such data to create focus and relevant messaging
- Marketing Automation tools (Eloqua & Hubspot)
- Preferably based out of the USA / Washington DC or Belgium / Brussels
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and salary expectations to jobs [at] ogc.org by Oct 31, 2019.