OGC E-Learning – Recertification
Each certification is renewed every 3 years at a fee of $65.
No examination is required for recertification, provided the individual has maintained a log of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities over the 3-year period and gained a minimum of 30 hours of CPD during that time.
CPD hours can be gained by:
- Attending training courses
- Attending OGC technical committee meetings
- Attending OGC teleconferences (e.g. Working Group or testbed teleconferences)
- Attending OGC conferences
- Attending conferences of OGC alliance partners (see http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/alliancepartners)
- Taking part in OGC hackathons or plugfests
- Authoring an OGC document (e.g. Discussion Paper, Engineering Report or other)