The price to attend is $85, which is payable at the time of registration.
Register and you will be entered into our Kindle Sweepstakes!
The objective of this webinar is to educate the geospatial community (users
and executive management) on some of the key legal issues associated with
collecting, using and licensing geospatial data. Attendees will get a
lawyer's perspective on several areas of law, including privacy,
intellectual property, licensing, data quality and liability that impact
* Kevin Pomfret, Attorney, LeClair Ryan LLP, Executive Director, Center
for Spatial Law and Policy; OGC Board Member
* Kara John, Senior Vice President, Intellectual Property & Privacy,
* Peter Schreiber, Attorney and Lead Counsel, ESRI
This online event will last for 90 minutes, with a substantial amount of
time dedicated to a "live" question and answer session for attendees.
Attendees will learn:
* What issues a lawyer considers important with respect to protecting
intellectual property rights
* How lawyers deal with issues such as privacy and liability in a
* How a license agreement can be used to allocate business and legal
risk associated with a transaction
* What the key provisions are for a spatial data license agreement
* What are the legal ramifications of location-based services