Baumann, Peter (Jacobs University Bremen GmbH)
Meissl, Stephan (EOX IT Services GmbH)
Daly, Martin (cadcorp (Computer Aided Development Corp.) Ltd.)
The WFS DWG provides a forum to
- Discuss requirements for the WFS and Filter specifications
- Develop Change Request Proposals for the WFS and Filter specs
- Provide a forum for the presentation, discussion, and evaluation of profiles of the WFS specification and
- Provide a forum for presentations on uses and implementations of the WFS and Filter specifications in the marketplace.
NOTE: WMS 1.3 and ISO 1912...
Maso Pau, Joan (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (CREAF))
Sankaran, Satish (Esri)
Cechini, Matthew (Science Systems & Applications, Inc. (SSAI))
1. Web Mapping Service (WMS) 1.4 SWG
The Web Mapping Testbed Phase 1 (WMT-1) was OGC's first Interoperability Initiative, and it marks an important milestone in the history of geoprocessing. WMT-1 yielded interface prototypes vendors used to enable users to immediately overlay and operate on views of thematic map data from different online sources (subject to limitations of the data), regardless of which vendor's software was serving that data. These prototypes ultimately resulted in the OpenGIS Web Map Server Specification.
The Web Mapping Testbed Phase 2 (WMT-2) expanded on work done in WMT-1. It resulted in more federal data coming on-line using WMT protocols and laid a foundation for OGC Pilot Projects that tested and demonstrated the new capabilities. WMT-2 resulted in improvements to GetFeatureInfo, GetMap, and GetCapabilities, the basic elements of the Web Map Server Interface Specification. It also resulted in a proposed service interface specification for accepting multi-dimensional query requests and responding with portrayals (symbolized graphics) of the results (with associated legends).