1. Key Activities.
The DWG will focus on the following activities:
1. Reviewing the current LandXML schema and determining how best to continue to support the existing users and engage with them.
2. Assessing the current industry support for the LandXML schema and whether multiple, incompatible versions of the schema have evolved.
3. Investigating how to best incorporate LandXML into the OGC standards framework, including identifying places where there may be common elements in existing standards such as CityGML.
4. Investigating the possibility of moving the LandXML schema into LandGML.
1. Purpose of Working Group
The Critical Infrastructure Protection Initiative Phase 1, Requirement Set 2 (CIPI-1.2) is a pilot project sponsored by the US Census Bureau that leverages the success of previous and ongoing OGC initiatives to improve interoperability across communities that need to collaborate to detect, prevent, plan for, respond to, and recover from natural and human threats to telecommunications, water resources, oil and gas, government, transportation, emergency response, electric power and health services infrastructure.
1. WFS Gazetteer Profile 1.0 SWG