University of Calgary
2500 University Dr. NW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The tentative agenda is now online.
On-line Registration is now open:
- In order to submit registration through security, we will cut off early-bird registration on 11 September. On-Site registration fees will be imposed on or after 12 September.
- OGC Members Must register through the My Account section of the OGC Member Portal
- Non-members and Guest may register directly through the OGC Storefront.
There are Meeting Fees associated with the OGC TC/PC Meetings. Based upon your organization's OGC Membership Level, you will have at least one Complementary registration for each meeting.
The Wednesday evening OGC 20th Anniversary Celebration Dinner will be $55.00 USD per person.
|Meetings and Events||Earlybird Rate (Before 12 September)||On-Site (on or after 12 September)|
|OGC Member - Technical Committee (comp'd)||$0||$50
|OGC Member - Technical Committee Meetings**||$225.00||$275.00|
|OGC Member - Technical Committee Meetings - Daily Rate||$100.00||$150.00|
|Non-Member - Technical Committee Meetings **
|Non-Member - Technical Committee Meetings - Daily Rate||$200.00
|OGC 20th Anniversary Celebration Dinner Only||$55.00||$55.00|
** Use for two or more days of Technical Committee attendance.
The closest hotel to the Rozsa Centre is the Hotel Alma on campus. One minute walk to Rozsa Centre. (http://www.hotelalma.ca/).
There is a cluster of hotels near campus about 18 minutes walk to Rozsa Centre:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calgary NW - University Area (http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/calgary/yycbt/hoteldetail)
- Comfort Inn & Suites University (http://www.choicehotels.ca/en/comfort-inn-&-suites-university-calgary-hotel-cn387)
- Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest (http://www.ramada.com/hotels/alberta/calgary/ramada-limited-calgary/hotel-overview)
- Best Western Village Park Inn (http://www.villageparkinn.com/)
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Calgary University NW (http://www.hamptoncalgary.com/)
- Travel Lodge University North (http://www.travelodge.ca/hotel/travelodge-calgary-university-north)
There are some nicer hotels in downtown, where is about 30 minutes C-Train ride ($3 CAD per ride) to campus.
- Hyatt Regency Calgary (http://calgary.hyatt.com/)
- Calgay Marriot Downtwon (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yycdt-calgary-marriott-downtown-hotel/)
- Hotel Le Germain Calgary (www.germaincalgary.com)
- Fairmont Palliser (www.fairmont.com/palliser-calgary)
You can find the Parking map here: (http://www.ucalgary.ca/parking/visitorparking). The closest parkade is the Art Parkade ($10 CAD per entry).
If you are interested in visiting the Banff National Park:
The Banff National Park is about 80 minutes drive from Calgary (map) and it’s a very scenic ride. Renting a car would be a good idea. Just follow 16th Avenue North heading west and you will be surrounded by the Canadian Rockies in about 30 minutes.
Pre-TC or Post-TC Trip Suggestions
September is a great time to visit the Canadian Rockies as it’s not too cold and not too hot. Below are some suggestions:
- Barrier Lake in the Kananaskis Provincial Park is a nice and easy hike. And it’s close to Calgary.
- Consolation Lakes is an easy hike (60 m elevation gain) near Moraine Lake.
- Larch Valley and Sentinel Pass is a great one day hike (7 hours, 732 m elevation gain).
Hot Springs (Banff Upper Hot Springs)
Scenic Drive (One Day: Calgary-Banff-Moraine Lake-Lake Louise-Columbia Icefields and drive back)