The OGC seeks to hire an Executive Director for Marketing and Communications, This full time position is responsible for the planning and execution of a broad range of marketing, communications and education program activities to raise awareness and increase application of OGC standards by technology providers and users worldwide. These activities also encourage participation in OGC programs through membership growth and direct sponsorship of / participation in OGC programs.
Reporting to the President of OGC and working with OGC staff, board, membership and partner organizations, the Executive Director for Marketing and Communications (EDMC) is responsible for planning, budgeting and executing corporate programs designed to promote adoption of OGC standards by developers and users worldwide and to encourage participation in OGC membership and collaborative testbed and related program activities.
As a key member of OGC senior staff, the EDMC will have overall responsibility for ensuring that OGC marketing & communications activities effectively address both technical professionals and decision-makers at program management and policy levels, emphasizing the value and benefits of OGC's consensus standards process to encourage membership retention and growth, investment and participation in Interoperability Program initiatives, use of OGC's compliance testing and certification resources, and uptake of OGC standards within and across communities of interest.
The EDMC will develop and implement a comprehensive outreach and public relations strategy to address industry sectors and domains of interest identified by the OGC Business Plan. EDMC responsibilities include directing conference, workshop, and seminar activities, as well as creation and distribution of press releases, placement of articles and preparation of educational briefings. The EDMC will also direct OGC Technology Office staff responsible for development, operation and maintenance of all OGC public and member related web service support, including delivery of member portal, net-meeting and related collaborative services.
Core knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Demonstrated experience / skill in public speaking, written communications
• Prior experience in marketing, communication campaign development
• Excellent program / project management and budgeting skills
• Understanding of the geospatial and location based services marketplace
• Familiarity with IT, Web 2.0, and social networking concepts
• Familiarity with benefits of applying standards
• Ability to work effectively with others in a virtual work environment
• Ability to adapt work schedule to accommodate international communications when necessary
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally 12-16 weeks per year
• Experience in developing training materials/coursework
• Previous supervisory experience
• Web design experience
Undergraduate or higher degree, preferably with concentration in one or more of the following areas: geomatics, information technology, communications and marketing
OGC offers a flexible work environment, emphasizing work from home arrangements. Employee location in Europe or N. America near major airport hub is preferred due to travel requirements.
This position requires frequent national and international travel, with up to 16 weeks of travel per year.
OGC offers a generous benefits package. Contact us for details.
Interested parties should send resume, CV and/or intent of interest to: employment at opengeospatial dot org