OWS-9 RFQ: OGC Calls for Participation in Major Interoperability Testbed
RFQ Issuance Date: 22 February 2012
OWS-9 Bidder's Conference: will be held on March 9, 2012, see below.
Proposal Due Date: 5 pm EST on April 6, 2012.
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC®) has issued a Request for Quotations/Call for Participation (RFQ/CFP) to solicit proposals in response to requirements for the OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) Testbed (http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/initiatives/ows-9).
The RFQ/CFP is available below.
Responses are due by 5 pm EST on April 6, 2012.
A bidders’ teleconference will be held on March 9, 2012. More information will be available below.
The Point of Contact is Nadine Alameh: email@example.com.
The OWS-9 sponsors are:
- AGC (Army Geospatial Center, US Army Corps of Engineers)
- CREAF-GeoViQua-EC (CREAF is the European Center for Research in Ecology and Forestry Applications)
- FAA (US Federal Aviation Administration)
- GeoConnections - Natural Resources Canada
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- NASA (US National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
- NGA (US National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency)
- USGS (US Geological Survey)
OWS-9 builds on the outcomes of prior OGC initiatives (http://www.opengeospatial.org/resource/demos) and is organized around the following threads:
- Aviation: Develop and demonstrate the use of the Aeronautical Information Exchange Model (AIXM) and the Weather Information Exchange Model (WXXM) in an OGC Web Services environment, focusing on support for several Single European Sky ATM Research (SESAR) project requirements as well as the FAA's Aeronautical Information Management (AIM) and Aircraft Access to SWIM (System Wide Information Management) (AAtS) requirements.
- Cross-Community Interoperability (CCI): Build on the CCI work accomplished in OWS–8 by increasing interoperability within communities sharing geospatial data, focusing on semantic mediation, query results delivery, data provenance and quality and Single Point of Entry Global Gazetteer
- Security and Services Interoperability (SSI): Investigate 5 main activities: Security Management, OGC Geography Markup Language (GML) Encoding Standard Application Schema UGAS (UML to GML Application Schema) Updates, Web Services Façade, Reference Architecture Profiling, and Bulk Data Transfer.
- OWS Innovations: Explore topics that represent either new areas of work for the Consortium (such as GPS and Mobile Applications), a desire for new approaches to existing technologies to solve new challenges (such as the OGC Web Coverage Service (WCS) work), or some combination of the two.
- Compliance & Interoperability Testing & Evaluation (CITE): Develop a suite of compliance test scripts for testing and validation of products with interfaces implementing the following OGC standards: Web Map Service (WMS) 1.3 Interface Standard, Web Feature Service (WFS) 2.0 Interface Standard, Geography Markup Language (GML) 3.2.1 Encoding Standard, OWS Context 1.0 (candidate encoding standard), Sensor Web Enablement (SWE) standards, Web Coverage Service for Earth Observation (WCS-EO) 1.0 Interface Standard, and TEAM (Test, Evaluation, And Measurement) Engine Capabilities.
The RFQ/CFP includes details of these threads as well as details on participation eligibility, selection process and kickoff workshop information.
OGC testbeds, pilot projects and interoperability experiments are part of the OGC Interoperability Program, a global, hands-on collaborative prototyping program designed to rapidly develop, test and deliver proven candidate standards into the OGC Specification Program, where they are formalized for public release.
DOWNLOAD COMPLETE PACKAGE
Complete OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) RFQ (pdf zip format)
Complete OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) RFQ (doc zip format)
OR INDIVIDUAL FILES
OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) RFQ Main Body (pdf)
OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) RFQ Main Body (doc)
OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) RFQ Annex A (pdf)
OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) RFQ Annex A (doc)
OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) RFQ Annex B (pdf)
OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) RFQ Annex B (doc)
OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) RFQ Annex C (pdf)
OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) RFQ Annex C (doc)
OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) RFQ Annex D (pdf)
OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) RFQ Annex D (doc)
A Bidder's Conference (webinar) was be held on March 9, 2012
A second bidder's conference will be held on March 19, 2012
Date and Time:
Monday, March 19, 2012 10:00 pm, GMT
Monday, March 19, 2012 5:00 pm, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:00 am, Japan Time (Tokyo, GMT+09:00)
Monday, March 19, 2012 7:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:00 pm, Europe Time (Berlin, GMT+01:00)
This telecon will originate from a F2F meeting as part of OGC TC meetings.
You must register for this session at:
All Q&A, updates, and other information about OWS-9 from the Bidder’s Conference and other communications will be collected into a Clarifications document, and posted here for public access. Subsequent questions may be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Clarifications Document is here: