OGC Calls for Participation in Major Innovation Testbed (Testbed 13)
A Testbed 13 Bidders Q&A Webinar was held on Tuesday, 7 February 2017 at noon US Eastern Standard Time.
This webinar covered both Part 1 and Part 2 of the CFP. The Webinar is available for your review. Questions & Answers are being made available in the Clarfications document above.
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC®) has issued a Call for Participation (CFP) in the OGC Testbed 13 Interoperability Testbed.
Testbed 13 sponsors have completed and documented interoperability requirements and objectives for this testbed initiative. Organizations selected to participate in Testbed 13 will develop prototype solutions based on the sponsors’ use cases, requirements and scenarios. These are described in detail in the CFP. Participants’ prototype solutions will implement existing OGC standards as well as new prototype interface and encoding specifications introduced or developed in Testbed 13. Prototype specifications may ultimately become official, member approved OGC standards, revisions to existing OGC standards, or best practices for using OGC standards.
Testbed 13 Sponsors include:
- Airbus Defence and Space
- CGI IT UK Limited
- Defence Science & Technology Laboratory (Dstl)
- DigitalGlobe, Inc.
- European Space Agency (ESA)
- FAA System Operations Airspace and AIM Office
- Natural Resources Canada
- Ordnance Survey, Great Britain
- US Geological Survey (USGS)
- US National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
- US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
The sponsors’ requirements have been organized into the following technical threads:
- Dynamic Source Integration
- Earth Observation Clouds
- Cross Community Interoperability
- Field Operations
- Streaming & 3D Data
- Compliance Testing
The CFP is comprised of two parts:
- Part 1 is the overaching OGC Testbed 13 CFP documentation
- Part 2 is the OGC Testbed 13 ESA Sponsorsed Thematic Exploitation Platform (This is referred to in Part 1 as "Part 2 ITT". Please see the special note below for further detail)
Any organization may make a submission to participate in the OGC Testbed 13.
Please note all participants must either be exisiting OGC members or become OGC members prior to the kick-off of the Testbed 13 work program
Further information regarding Testbed 13 is available at http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/initiatives/testbed13
Special note regarding submissions for Part 2 ITT (ESA Sponsored Thematic Exploitation Platform)
- Funding for Part 2 is restricted to recognised ESA Entities only. To check if your organization is already recognized or to apply to become recognized please follow the instructions provided by ESA http://emits.sso.esa.int/emits/owa/emits.main
- For organizations seeking funding in relation to Part 2 please ensure that your proposal submission is made via the ESA EMITS system http://emits.sso.esa.int/emits/owa/emits_external.showsum?typ1=7763&user=Anonymous
- For organizations providing an in-kind only (no funding) submission in relation to Part 2, this can be made via the Testbed 13 CFP templates provided below in Part 1 and should be submitted as per the instructions for a Part 1 type submission.
Click a link below to download individual files of the CFP.
CFP PACKAGE Part 1
DOWNLOAD CFP PACKAGE Part 2
Technical information for Part 2 ITT - ESA Thematic Exploitation Platform
(PDGS-EVOL-CGI-TN-16-1570)-(Testbed 13 Technical Architecture)-(v1.0) (pdf)