- OGC® Standards
- OGC Standards List
- Specification Profiles
- Abstract Specification
- OGC Reference Model
- OGC Schema Updates
- Public Engineering Reports
- TC Policy Directives
- GeoDRM Reference Model
- Best Practices
- Discussion Papers
- Deprecated Documents
- Retired Documents
- Requests (RFP's, RFQ's...)
- White Papers
- Change Requests
- Submit Change Request or Requirement
AAtS Standards Harmonization Guidance Initiative
The community workshop has been re-scheduled to December 17-18 in Washington DC. Contact nalameh [at] opengeospatial [dot] org (Nadine Alameh) if you're interested in participating.
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) has issued a Request for Information (RFI) to engage the aviation community in identifying standards efforts relevant to the provision of aircraft connectivity to the FAA’s System Wide Information Management (SWIM) infrastructure.
- Responses are due by 5 pm EST on 22 October 2013.
- A public Q&A webinar was held 1 October 2013 to provide the community with more information on the context and objectives behind this RFI. Documentation below.
The FAA’s Aircraft Access to SWIM (AAtS) initiative is in a preliminary stage of requirements development and standards identification. Its goal is to establish a common operating environment between the flight deck, air traffic management and Airline Operational Control/Flight Operational Control (AOC/FOC) for collaborative strategic decision-making. Distribution of the operational information needed to support the safe movement of aircraft during all phases of flight in the National Airspace System (NAS) will increase capacity and efficiency and result in more timely departures and arrivals.
There are a number of aviation standards in development, concurrently and independently, by a variety of industry groups that are also pursuing the development of requirements and standards to leverage ground-based aviation related information and data networking technology to support aircraft operations. The need to understand the scope, applicability and relationship between these efforts is both critical and timely.
Staff and members of all such industry groups are encouraged to respond to this RFI and to participate and contribute information on:
- Technologies, standards and general trends relevant to AAtS
- Practical recommendations on harmonization opportunities and challenges
- Insights on how to best craft an interim path for the community and to develop a technical architecture that is forward thinking and can accommodate this emerging and evolving environment.
- Global harmonization considerations
Responses provided will guide the discussion at a community workshop, scheduled for 17-18 December 2013 in Washington DC, and will be considered in the development of a report that will form the basis for harmonization guidance and recommendations.
- AAtS Bi-Directional ConOps V1.0
- AAtS Full Data Exchange Technical Concept Paper V1.0
- AAtS Implementation Guidance Document v2.0
- The community workshop, originally scheduled for Nov 5-6, has been rescheduled to Dec 17-18, 2013. Email nalameh [at] opengeospatial [dot] org if you're interested in attending.
- All organization representatives interested in participating in the workshop are strongly encouraged to submit a concise response to the RFI, in order to help us organize the workshop efficiently and incorporate everybody's interests.
Please send an email to techdesk [at] opengeospatial [dot] org if you have questions or need further information.
Links to the webinar material:
- Intro Slides https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=55793
- AAtS Overview Slides https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=55796
- SC-206 Overview Slides https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=55794
- AGIE Overview Slides https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=55792
- OGC Standards Overview Slides https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=55795
- Webinar recording https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=55797 (Large - 84MB)
Download the Clarifications.