OGC Calls for Participation in Major Interoperability Testbed - OWS-10
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC®) has issued a Request for Quotations/Call for Participation (RFQ/CFP) to solicit proposals in response to requirements for the OGC Testbed 10.
The RFQ/CFP is available at http://www.opengeospatial.org/pub/www/ows10/rfq/index.html.
Organizations who haven't previously been engaged in OGC Testbeds are encouraged to check out the quickstart guide for help on navigating the RFQ.
Responses are due by 5 pm EST on 26 August 2013.
An IP Program and Testbed 10 Q&A Webinar will be held on 6 August 2013 at 10 am EDT (Check your local time http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130806T14). Register here https://portal.opengeospatial.org/public_ogc/register/130806ows10.php. For the most efficient use of this webinar, please send your questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OGC Testbed 10 Kickoff event for the CCI and Open Mobility threads (see below) will be held 7-9 October 2013 in Washington, DC. The Aviation thread kickoff will be held 27 September in Frascati, Italy during the week of the OGC Technical Committee Meeting in Frascati.
The Point of Contact is Nadine Alameh: email@example.com.
The OGC Testbed 10 sponsors are:
- AGC (Army Geospatial Center, US Army Corps of Engineers)
- ESA (European Space Agency)
- FAA (US Federal Aviation Administration)
- GeoConnections - Natural Resources Canada
- Harris Corporation
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- NGA (US National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency)
- NOAA National Weather Service
- USGS (US Geological Survey)
- UK DSTL (UK MoD Defence Science and Technology Laboratory)
OGC Testbed 10 builds on the outcomes of prior OGC initiatives (http://www.opengeospatial.org/resource/demos) and is organized around the following threads:
- Cross-Community Interoperability (CCI): Increase Geospatial community interoperability by building on CCI OWS-9 work in semantic mediation, volunteer geographic information (VGI), provenance and data quality, and Global Gazetteer. Explore the potential of interoperability in the hydrology domain and utilizing ontologies to more easily share and visualize geospatial data.
- Open Mobility: Explore the geospatial standards requirements needed to support the growing emerging mobile environment where client applications are mobile, information services are mobile, and increasingly distributed across cloud infrastructures. The Open Mobility thread will address these requirements while leveraging on the work achieved in the OWS-9 Testbed in the areas of Geopackages and Geopackaging services and new OWS Context encodings.
- Aviation: Develop and demonstrate the use of the Aeronautical Information Exchange Model (AIXM) and the Flight Information Exchange Model (FIXM), building on the work accomplished in prior testbeds to advance the applications of OGC Web Services standards in next generation air traffic management systems to support European and US aviation modernization programs.
The RFQ/CFP includes details of these threads as well as details on participation eligibility, selection process and kickoff workshop information.
OGC testbeds, pilot projects and interoperability experiments are part of the OGC Interoperability Program, a global, hands-on collaborative agile prototyping program designed to rapidly develop, test and deliver proven candidate standards into the OGC Standards Program, where they are formalized for public release.
Click a link below to download individual files or a complete package for the RFQ/CFP.
DOWNLOAD RFP/CFP PACKAGE (as .zip archive)
Complete OWS10 RFQ/CFP (pdf zip format) *UPDATED 22 July 2013*
OWS10 RFQ Main Body (pdf)
OWS10 RFQ Main Body (doc)
OWS10 RFQ Annex A (pdf) *UPDATED 22 July 2013*
OWS10 RFQ Annex A (doc) *UPDATED 22 July 2013*
OWS10 RFQ Annex B (pdf)
OWS10 RFQ Annex B (doc)
OWS10 RFQ Annex C (pdf)
OWS10 RFQ Annex C (doc)
OWS10 RFQ Annex D (pdf)
OWS10 RFQ Annex D (doc)
RFQ/CFP RESPONSE TEMPLATES (also included in above zip)
Response to questions and any other clarifications are