This OGC Candidate Standard specifies an open format and encoding for the storage, access and modification of a representation of the natural and built environment for simulation applications. CDB defines the data representation, organization and storage structure of a worldwide synthetic representation of the earth as well as the conventions necessary to support all of the subsystems of full-mission simulators and networks of heterogeneous simulators. The Candidate Standard makes use of several commercial and simulation data formats that are in widespread use within the simulation industry. The organization of the synthetic environmental data in a CDB is specifically tailored for real-time applications. The CDB storage model supports applications in which inter-connected simulators share a common view of the simulated environment.
- Volume 1,OGC CDB Core Standard: Model and Physical Data Store Structure (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/68156)
- Volume 2 OGC CDB Core Model and Physical Structure Annexes (Best Practice) (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/68155)
- Volume 3 OGC CDB Terms and Definitions (Normative) (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/68154);
- Volume 11 OGC CDB Core Standard Conceptual Model (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/68145)
With additional background information available in the following documents:
- Volume 0, OGC CDB Core Primer (Best Practice) (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/68144)
- Volume 4, OGC CDB Use of Shapefiles for Vector Data Storage (Best Practice) (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/68153)
- Volume 5, OGC CDB Radar Cross Section (RCS) Models (Best Practice) (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/68151)
- Volume 6, OGC CDB Rules for Encoding Data using OpenFlight (Best Practice) (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/68150)
- Volume 7, OGC CDB Data Model Guidance (Best Practice) (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/68149)
- Volume 8, OGC CDB Spatial Reference System Guidance (Best Practice) (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/68148)
- Volume 10, OGC CDB Implementation Guidance (Best Practice) (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/68147)
- Volume 12 OGC CDB Navaids Attribution and Navaids Attribution Enumeration Values (Best Practice) (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/68146)
Note that only the normative documents (Volumes 1, 3, and 11) will comprise the standard; the remaining volumes are informative and are proposed for publication as OGC Best Practices.
Comments can be submitted to a dedicated email reflector for a thirty day period ending on the "Close request date" listed above, Comments received will be consolidated and reviewed by OGC members for incorporation into the document. Please submit your comments using the following link: requests [at] lists.opengeospatial.org (Click here to submit comments) The link provided above should include a standard template in the message body. If the preloaded message body does not work properly using your mail client, please refer to the following template for the message body: Comments Template