OGC Cookbooks are free, online, easy-to-use technical documents for developers, available on this web page. Cookbooks typically include three chapters:
- Implementations and Applications, and Implementor Experiences:
- Examples of OGC Members' Implementations and Applications of OpenGIS® Specifications. See the design of software systems that implement open interfaces, schemas etc. See use-case scenarios, WMS/WFS request examples, illustrations, DTD/XML documents, XSL/XSLT style sheet examples and more.
- Implementor Experiences: How and why organizations are building their enterprise solutions around OpenGIS Specifications, highlighting benefits and challenges.
- Recipies: Step by step "how to" submitted by Web site developers and application developers. See how to implement WMS/WFS in existing software on both the server and client side using popular commercial, open source and freeware products.
- The OpenGIS Web Map Server Cookbook - Below is a growing list of examples and user experiences:
These address the conversion of existing software into a WMS server or WMS client. It includes contributions from organizations (i.e., vendors, universities) with their specific step-by-step instructions on implementing and using their software.
The ArcIMS OGC WMS Connector
deegree Web Map Server
How to build a WMS from Free Parts
GeoServNet (GSN) 3D Client
Intergraph GeoMedia WebMap WMS Adapter Kit
University of Minnesota (UMN) MapServer
Intergraph OGC WMS Viewer and Source Code
Current OGC Cookbooks include:
Chapters 2 and 3 in the cookbooks will grow as users submit their material to be included. We invite you to submit your OpenGIS Specification implementations, experiences and recipes to be included!
Please send an email to editor [at] opengeospatial [dot] org, telling us your name, organization, e-mail, phone and a description of your application. We will respond to discuss the details. If you have a demo of a system that uses OpenGIS Specifications, we invite you to make it available to our web site visitors on the OGC Demos page.
The above User Experiences, Implementation Recipes, Demonstrations and Product Implementations are listed for reference only and are not endorsements of the Open Geospatial Consortium, Inc.