OGC Testbed 15
The OGC Testbed-15 Call for Participation (CFP) closed on 11 February, 2019. While the deadline for responses has passed, offers of in-kind contributions will still be considered. Please direct inquiries to techdesk [at] opengeospatial.org.
OGC member representatives wishing to become Observers may join the Portal Project by clicking through the Testbed-15 Observer Agreement.
The Testbed-15 Kickoff Workshop will be held 2-4 April at the US Geological Survey National Center in Reston, VA, USA.
Here are several links from the CFP:
- The detailed schedule is available in the CFP Master Schedule.
- The Technical Deliverables open for bidding are summarized under the CFP Deliverables Summary.
- Deliverable details can be found in the Appendix B Technical Architecture.
- New to OGC? Consider reviewing the Tips for New Bidders first.
- Here is a PDF version of the CFP (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=82440).
Testbed-15 aims to explore new levels of interoperable geospatial data processing with a focus on data-centric security, federated clouds, service & application discovery, portrayal, machine learning, and delta updates. This initiative provides a business opportunity for stakeholders to mutually define, refine, and evolve service interfaces and protocols in the context of hands-on experience and feedback. The outcomes are expected to shape the future of geospatial software development and data publication. The Sponsors are supporting this vision with cost-sharing funds to partially offset the costs associated with development, engineering, and demonstration of these outcomes. This offers selected Participants a unique opportunity to recoup a portion of their initiative expenses.
Among the organizations providing testbed sponsorship are the following OGC members:
- Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl).
- European Space Agency (ESA).
- European Union Satellite Centre (SatCen).
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan).
- US Army Geospatial Center (AGC).
- US Geological Survey (USGS).
- US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- ... others may be added ...
High-Level Testbed-15 Schedule
Anybody wishing to learn more about this initiative, or about the OGC Interoperability Program in general, can contact Scott Serich, Director Innovation Programs at techdesk [at] opengeospatial.org or visit the OGC Innnovation Program page.