OGC Testbed 15
The OGC Testbed-15 Call for Participation is now available (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=82290).
The proposal submission deadline is 11 February, 2019.
A Bidders Q&A Webinar is scheduled for Monday, 4 February at noon U.S. Eastern Time. The webinar is open to the public, but anyone wishing to attend must register beforehand at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6662012816865820675.
Here are several links for Bidders interested in quickly responding to the CFP:
- The detailed schedule is available in the CFP Master Schedule.
- The process for completing a Proposal will essentially be embodied in an online Proposal Submission website, which is now ready to receive submissions. It includes a series of web forms, one for each deliverable of interest. See Proposal Submission Procedures for a more detailed process description.
- The Technical Deliverables open for bidding are summarized under the CFP Deliverables Summary.
- Deliverable details can be found in the Appendix B Technical Architecture.
- New to OGC? Consider reviewing the Tips for New Bidders first.
- Here is a PDF version of the CFP (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=82440).
- Link to register for the 4 February Bidders Q&A Webinar: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6662012816865820675.
Testbed-15 aims to explore new levels of interoperable geospatial data processing with a focus on data-centric security, federated clouds, service & application discovery, portrayal, machine learning, and delta updates. This initiative provides a business opportunity for stakeholders to mutually define, refine, and evolve service interfaces and protocols in the context of hands-on experience and feedback. The outcomes are expected to shape the future of geospatial software development and data publication. The Sponsors are supporting this vision with cost-sharing funds to partially offset the costs associated with development, engineering, and demonstration of these outcomes. This offers selected Participants a unique opportunity to recoup a portion of their initiative expenses.
Among the organizations providing testbed sponsorship are the following OGC members:
- Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl).
- European Space Agency (ESA).
- European Union Satellite Centre (SatCen).
- US Army Geospatial Center (AGC).
- US Geological Survey (USGS).
- US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- ... others to be added ...
High-Level Testbed-15 Schedule
Anybody wishing to learn more about this initiative, or about the OGC Interoperability Program in general, can contact Scott Serich, Director Innovation Programs at techdesk [at] opengeospatial.org or visit the OGC Innnovation Program page.