OGP / IPIECA Oil Spill Response RFI
- The primary request for the RFI closed on 30 October 2013; but additional input will be considered.
- Registration for two Stakeholder Workshops is now open
This OGC project supports OGP and IPIECA to develop a recommended practice for GIS/Mapping in support of oil spill response and for the use of GIS technology and geo-information in forming a Common Operating Picture (COP) for management of the response.
Through a OGP/IPIECA Joint Industry Process, a recommended practice in forming a “Common Operating Picture” to support management of the response.
OGC assists members in understanding how an interoperability framework or architecture based on open standards can best fit their business needs.
OGC is supporting OGP and OPEICA using a three step approach:
- Issue a Request for Information (RFI) - RFI was announced by this RFI OGC Request
- Conduct Stakeholder Workshops
- Prepare a Reference Architecture and Feasibility Report
|RFI Issued||26 August 2013|
|Clarification Conference Call||30 September 2013 – 11:00 am to Noon EDT|
|RFI Responses Due||30 October 2013 – 5:00 pm EDT|
|Workshop near London, UK||19 December 2013|
|Workshop in Houston, TX, US||9 January 2014|
Request for Information (RFI)
An RFI to inform the Oil Spill COP was announced by this RFI OGC Request.
- The RFI seeks recommendations for procedures, technology and open standards that should be considered in a recommended practice.
- Responses to the RFI should describe technologies that organizations see as feasible in a distributed information environment.
- The RFI includes instructions for how to ask any question about the RFI process and to respond
- Questions and requests for clarification should be sent to (techdesk [at] opengeospatial [dot] org)
- Responses to the RFI were requested by 30 October 2013. Additional responses will be considered.
Responses to the RFI are requested to follow this outline:
- Overview and executive summary of the response.
- Elaboration of your highest priority comments and contributions
- Definition of a COP for Oil Spill Response
- Geospatial Information for OSR COP
- Delivering information for OSR COP
- Organization description
An RFI Clarification Telecon was held on 30 September.
- The presentation from the telecon are posted:
- A recording of the audio and video of the session (110MB) is available
- Additional Questions and requests for clarification can be sent to (techdesk [at] opengeospatial [dot] org)
- Where: ExxonMobil, Leatherhead Surrey, UK
- When: 19 December 2013
- Registration Page
- Where: Houston, TX, US
- When: 9 January 2014
- Registration Page
Reference Architecture and Feasibility Report
Details to be provided