Sensor Model Language (SensorML) 1.2 SWG
1. Sensor Model Language (SensorML) 1.2 SWG
This group has been renamed to SensorML 2.0 SWG. All references to SensorML 1.2 SWG should now be considered SensorML 2.0 SWG.
2. Purpose of the Standards Working Group
The purpose of this Standards Working Group is to update the SensorML Version 1.0 Standard and to develop Version 1.2. It will achieve this objective by evaluating and processing the Change Requests listed in Section 3, ensuring that the standard is consistent with the OGC baseline and business plan.
3. Scope of Work
This SWG is focused on processing change requests to be included in the SensorML version 1.2. The Scope of Work (SOW) will be to collect all outstanding and planned Change Requests, evaluate each of these proposals, and edit the standard based on these Change Requests and related decisions of the SWG membership. This SWG will consider at least the following Change Request Proposals and discussion items:
- 07-101: Use more ISO Terms
- 07-132: Correct inconsistencies
- 08-127: GML 3.2 implementation
- 08-145: Improve inheritance
- 08-146: Improve interface specification
- 08-147: Separate SWE Common data models
Additional Change Requests may be addressed at the discretion of the SWG based on criticality of the change and available time and resources.
3.1 What is out of scope?
Only those change requests submitted through the formal process as identified in the Policy and Procedures will be addressed. Therefore, any items suggested through emails, vocal discussions, etc will be outside of the scope of this SWG until formally submitted.
3.2 Specific Existing Work Used as Starting Point
The starting point for the work will be Version 1.0.1 of the SensorML standard (OGC 07-000).
3.3 How to Determine when Work of SWG has been Completed
The following criteria will be used to determine the completion of this SWG:
A completed revision of Sensor Planning Service Standard documents have been produced and reviewed by the SWG and have been approved for submission to the TC for approval as an adopted standard.
4. Description of deliverables
The following deliverables will result from the work of this SWG:
- A final version of the SensorML V1.2 Standard documents for submission to the TC.
- Corresponding XML schemas associated with version 1.2 of the SensorML Standard documents.
The following schedule of activities is anticipated:
1) Seek approval for formation of the SensorML SWG at the OGC TC held in Atlanta in September 15-18, 2008.
2) Begin the organization and assignment of SWG work activities during the SensorML SWG ad-hoc session at the TC meeting in September 2008.
3) Internal review of SensorML 1.2 initial release documents status during TC meeting in December 2008. This review will include initial evaluation of which proposed changes are not likely to be ready in time for inclusion in the version 1.2 initial release documents.
4) Final version of the SensorML 1.2 documents completed at least three weeks prior to TC meeting in March 2009.
5) SensorML V1.2 Standards documents submitted to the TC during the TC meeting in June 2009 for approval as version 1.2.
The above schedule is meant to serve as a guideline to the SWG in order to determine completion milestones. However, based on the actual Change Requests, completion dates may be adjusted to accommodate critical updates to the documents. Although all change requests will be addressed, some may be postponed due to the need to more quickly produce a document containing higher priority requests.
5. IPR Policy for this SWG
6. Anticipated Audience
The target audience of SensorML version 1.2 is any implementers and / or users of OGC SensorML standard or related SWE specifications.
7. Other informative information about the work of this SWG
a. Similar or applicable standards work
The following standards may be relevant to this SWG's planned work:
- OGC SWE Common data model V1.1
- OGC SOS, SAS, and SPS services
- OGC GML 3.2
- OGC O&M
- OGC WPS
- ISO TC 211 suite
- XML Schema
c. Projected on-going meeting schedule
The work of this SWG will be carried out primarily by email and conference calls, with face-to-face meetings at each of the OGC TC meetings as defined by the chair. The teleconference calls are currently planned every one or two weeks. The concrete dates will be announced by the SWG.
d. Supporters of this Charter
The following persons support this SWG and are committed to the Charter and projected meeting schedule.
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Spot Image S.A.
Mike Botts (University of Alabama in Huntsville)