Ordering Services for Earth Observation Products SWG
The purpose of this Standard Working Group is to promote the
OGC 06-141r2 Ordering Services for Earth Observation Products
to the state of OGC adopted standard.
The candidate standard is currently an OGC “Best Practices” document.
The proposed candidate standard is the result of several years of activities in the ESA Heterogeneous Mission Accessibility – Interoperability (HMA–I) project and further updated in the frame of ESA DAIL (Data Access Integration Layer) Implementation Project. The purpose of above projects was to define and then to implement the protocols for allowing a smooth integration between the ESA Ground Segment and the other partners Space Agencies.
The scope of the candidate standard is to define the interfaces for implementing Web Services allowing the clients to issue order for archived, planned and future potential Earth Observation products.
In the frame of this SWG’s activities, the candidate standard will be reviewed and commented by the OGC members and the public and the gathered comments will be processed in order to further improve the candidate standard.
This SWG is established as a result of the RFC Submission related to the OGC 06-141r2 Ordering Services for Earth Observation Products (being already an OGC “Best Practices” document).
The scope of the work of this SWG, once it has been formally activated, is:
· Gathering comments from the SWG opted-in members and from all other stakeholders;
· Processing the comments and applying the agreed changes to the candidate standard;
· Setting–up the Issue Tracker for tracking the received comments;
· Finalize the updated spec and issue of an updated document for the 30 day public comment period;
· Gathering comments from the OGC members and the public;
· Processing of the comments and apply the agreed changes in the re-issued document;
· Finally the updated document will be proposed for membership adoption.
This is the foreseen planning:
· SWG Kick-off: 02/12/2009
· Review of the document and preparation of updated version V0.9.5 (draft for SWG internal review delivered 2 weeks before): 19/02/2010
· SWG voting for submission to 30 days public comment period: by 26/02/2010
· Public Comments Period: from 01/03/2010 to 30/03/2010
· Processing of the gathered comments and preparation of updated version V0.9.6 (draft for SWG internal review delivered 2 weeks before): 23/07/2010
· Voting for formal submission to OGC TC: by 30/07/2010
· In case of successful voting, the final spec will be sent to OGC TC by 02/08/2010
The following is the list of deliverables of this SWG:
· Ordering Service For Earth Observation Products V0.9.5, taking into account the first set of comments raised by the SWG itself and ready for being submitted to the 30 days public comment period: 19/02/2010
· Ordering Service For Earth Observation Products V0.9.6, taking into account the comments raised during the public comment period: 23/07/2010
· Final document to be submitted to OGC as V1.0
The Ordering Service For Earth Observation Products includes:
· The document itself, in Microsoft Word 2003 and PDF formats;
· A zip file regrouping all XML schema files corresponding to the interface specified in the document;
· The Abstract Test Suite - ATS, as annex to the document;
· The executable test scripts – ETS, as a zip file including the tests scripts and test messages for implementing the ATS