OGC Naming Authority Subcommittee
The OGC NID (URN scheme- RFC 5165 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc5165.html) established the OGC naming authority as responsible for reviewing and registering any proposed OGC urn usage. The OGC Naming Authority (OGC-NA) is a sub-committee of the OGC Technical Committee.
In June 2010 OGC revised the naming policy to use http URIs to identify persistent OGC resources instead of URNs. The OGC-NA has developed a series of more detailed policies
- management of the OGC URI space http://www.opengis.net/doc/ogc-na-policies
- identifiers for resources of particular scopes, including
- documents http://www.opengis.net/doc/doc-names
- definitions http://www.opengis.net/doc/def-names-1
- specification-elements http://www.opengis.net/doc/spec-names
- OGC-NA registers http://www.opengis.net/def/register/
These are available from http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/policies/directives.
The OGC-NA has a formal role in the process of publication of OGC Standards and other documents to review proposed persistent URI. A brief guideline for editors submitting URIs for review by OGC-NA is provided.
OGC-NA Chair: Simon Cox
Current list of OGCNA members: http://portal.opengeospatial.org/?m=projects&a=view&project_id=276&tab=1