Earth Systems Science DWG
de La Beaujardiere, Jeff (US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA))
The Earth Systems Science (ESS) DWG engages in outreach and dialog with the Natural Resources and Environment information community to demonstrate the value of OGC processes and standards, and to provide a point of input for new requirements.
Current focus of the group includes:
- Enhanced Collaboration between and among research and scientific communities
- Sustainable Development
- Discussion and vetting of Application Schemas for Natural Resources and Environment
- Outreach to, and communication with, other individuals and organizations in the NRE information community
The ESS WG has a mailing list, available to OGC members.
Additional tools include:
- A Public TWiki site, for collaboration with organizations and individuals who are not yet OGC members, and
- An Internal TWiki site, for discussion of standards or other materials not yet available to the general public.
This was formally known as the NRE.WG.