3D Portrayal SWG
Gesquiere, Gilles (LiRiS)
Coors, Volker (Hochschule für Technik Stuttgart)
3D Portrayal v1.0 SWG
Purpose of the Standards Working Group
The purpose of this Standards Working Group is to progress the Candidate Web 3D Service Interface Standard v 0.4.0 document (OGC Doc. No. 09-104r1) and the Web View Service Discussion Paper (OGC Doc. No. 09-166r2) to the state of an integrated, adopted OGC standard. The SWG will achieve this objective by processing the comments submitted during the public comment period and ensuring that the candidate standard is consistent with the OGC baseline and business plan.
3D Portrayal Service Standard v1.0 OGC Doc. No. 15-001r4, publication date 2017-09-13): http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/3dp
OGC Testbed-13: 3D Tiles and I3S Interoperability and Performance ER (OGC Doc. No. 17-046, publication date 2018-03-05), http://docs.opengeospatial.org/per/17-046.html
OGC Community Standard Indexed 3D Scene Layer (I3S) abd Scebe Layer Package Format Specification V1.0 (OGC Doc. No.17-014r5, publication date 2017-09-05, http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/i3s
OGC Community Standard 3D Tiles (Feb 2019): http://www.opengeospatial.org/pressroom/pressreleases/2946 http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/3DTiles
Scope of Work
This SWG is mainly focused on processing the 3D Portrayal RFC submission.
The scope of work itself includes evaluation of the submission, preparation of the document for the 30-day public comment period, collection of comments, review of comments received, and additional edits to the candidate standard based on the comments. The final deliverable of 3D Portrayal SWG will be a version of the candidate standard for consideration by the membership.
What is out of scope?
This SWG is to be focused only on evaluation of the RFC submission, on preparation of the document for the 30-day public comment period and on processing comments submitted during the 30-day public comment period. It is at the discretion of the SWG whether or not external (to the OGC membership) or internal (by OGC members) change requests are reviewed or not.
Specific Contribution of Existing Work as a Starting Point
The starting point for the work will be the Draft Web 3D Service Interface Standard v 0.4.0 document. (OGC Doc. No. 09-104r1) and the Web View Service Discussion Paper (OGC Doc. No. 09-166r2).
Description of deliverables
The following deliverables will result from the work of this SWG:
1. A draft version of the candidate 3D Portrayal v1.0 standard document.
2. An annotated list of all comments submitted during the 30-day public comment period, including the comment, submitter, rationale, comment type/priority, and the response of the SWG.
3. A final version of the candidate 3D Portrayal v1.0 standard document for submission to the TC and an adoption vote.
The following schedule of activities is anticipated:
1. The first meeting of the SWG will be held at the OGC TC meeting in Redlands, 14.-18.1. 2013. The general schedule will be identified during the Redlands meeting.
The target audience of the 3D Portrayal v1.0 is those involved in the design, development, implementation and use of 3D city models in terms of a web-browser based access and visualization both as scene graph rendering and image based rendering.
It is envisioned that the 3D Portrayal standard will be implemented by the following organizations
- Providers of 3D city models (i.e. cities, national mapping organizations and private data providers)
- GIS, CAD and BIM vendors
- Mass market software vendors interested in geographic based applications and the consumer