GSDI 10 Conference Early Registration Ends December 15!
GSDI Association Harlan Onsrud 207-581-2175 onsrud [at] spatial [dot] maine [dot] edu
December 7, 2007. Wayland, MA. The Global Spatial Data Infrastructure (GSDI) Association announced that the deadline for early registration for the 10th International Conference for Spatial Data Infrastructure (GSDI 10) is December 15, 2007. By registering early, attendees can take advantage of the best conference registration and travel rates.
The GSDI 10 conference, to be held 25-29 February 2008 in Trinidad, brings together policy makers and practitioners from the government, industry and academia to learn about and discuss progress in Global Spatial Data Infrastructure development. Keynote and featured speakers will focus primarily on The Role of Spatial Data in Supporting a Sustainable Future and Small Island Perspectives on Global Challenges. GSDI 10 provides an occasion for interaction and cooperation among disciplines and practitioners that use and develop spatial technologies and databases.
GSDI 10 is being held in the modern conference facilities of The University of the West Indies of Trinidad and Tobago. Over 180 paper presenters from 44 countries are scheduled to present in numerous plenary and parallel sessions throughout the five day event as well as 38 poster presenters. Numerous round table discussions, affiliated business meetings, social events, and a full day of no-additional-cost workshops have been organized and scheduled as well.
Keynote and Featured Plenary Session Speakers include:
- Santiago Borrero, Secretary General, Pan-American Institute of Geography and History (PAIGH/ IPGH)
- Dorine Burmanje, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive of the Dutch Cadastre
- Gilberto Camara, Director, National Institute for Space Research (INPE), Brazil
- Jacqueline daCosta, Special Programs and Projects, The Cabinet Office, Office of the Prime Minister, Jamaica
- Mark Doherty, Executive Director, Technology Architecture and Strategy, Intergraph
- Jeff LaBonte, Director General, Data Management and Dissemination Branch, Earth Sciences Sector (ESS) , Natural Resources Canada
- David J. Maguire, Chief Scientist, ESRI
- John Naustdal, Director, Norwegian Mapping and Cadastre Authority
- Ed Parsons, The Geospatial Technologist for Google
- Ambassador Albert Ramdin, Assistant Secretary General, Organization of American States
- Mark Reichardt, President and Chief Operating Officer, Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
- Karen Siderelis, Geographic Information Officer, USGS
- Suha Ulgen, United Nations Spatial Data Infrastructure (UNSDI) Director, United Nations Geographic Information Working Group Co-Chair and UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, and Technical Coordinator for the Field Information Services Unit of the UN's Humanitarian Coordination Office, OCHA.
- John Wilbanks, Director, Science Commons
For more information on GSDI 10 speakers, the full conference program, registration and accommodations, please visit http://gsdi.org/gsdi10/ .
The GSDI Association is an inclusive group of organizations, agencies, firms, and individuals from around the world. The purpose of the organization is to promote international cooperation and collaboration in support of local, national and international spatial data infrastructure developments that will allow nations to better address social, economic, and environmental issues of pressing importance.