Hacks and the City: A Smarter Safer City Hackathon
T-Rex innovation center
911 Washington Ave
St. Louis, MO 63101
How to Participate
Registration for Hacks and the City is here. Information about available datasets, sample application ideas, and assistance with forming development teams will be available on the Hacks and the City website here. Further details will be revealed to the participants leading up to and upon arrival at T-Rex.
Further information on the SCIRA initiative itself can be found at http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/initiatives/scira or scira.ogc.org
- Friday afternoon: arrive at T-REX and settle in, meet teams
- Friday evening: icebreakers, team-building activities, put together your team’s proposal
- Saturday morning: present your proposal briefly for evaluation and feedback by a panel of experienced judges
- Saturday all day and all night: build your app, with help from mentors and coordinators from OGC, T-Rex, and others.
- Sunday 11am: submit your completed work.
- Sunday noon: present and demonstrate your applications to the judges and to the other participants
Meeting space, food and drink, as well as connectivity and other support will be provided by T-Rex. Access to sensors and other dynamic data resources may also be provided.
Cash and other prizes will be awarded to teams in several categories, including
- Best overall hack
- Best use of data
- Best collaboration
- Best beginner hack
Criteria for prize selection