OGC Asia Forum
The Asia Forum of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) was chartered in October 2011. The goal for the Asia Forum is to address OGC outreach and education needs of government, academic, research and industry organizations in the Asia region. The Forum seeks to provide a coordination mechanism to prioritize Asian interoperability requirements and communicate these requirements into the OGC standards and test bed process. The Asia Forum also establishes and maintains coordination with the Asia region OGC members on issues relevant to the broader Asia regional interest in the OGC international process.
The objectives of the Asia Forum are to:
- Increase the profile and awareness of geospatial interoperability standards in Asia;
- Engage and inform national and local government as well as industry, academic and research organizations about the work of the OGC;
- To provide a forum for the collaboration of developers and users of spatial data products and services;
- To assist in the definition of a set of standards to meet the requirements of Asia.
The Forum will assist organizations in understanding the tangible benefits of implementing geospatial interoperability standards, to identify the relevant standards, and to plan for success in realizing these benefits through use of compliant products.
The OGC Asia Forum include:
- Hitachi (Founding)
- National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) (Founding)
- Pusan National University (PNU) (Founding)
- Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements (KRIHS) (Founding)
- Electronics and Telecom Research Institute (ETRI) (Founding)
- Wuhan University (Founding)
- Supermap (Founding)
- China Agriculture University (CAU) (Founding)
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) (Founding)
- GIS Research Center, Feng Chia University (GIS.FCU) (Founding)
- Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) (Founding)