- Vision, Mission, & Goals
- Our process & your input
- OGC History
- OGC Programs
- Interoperability Initiatives
- Alliance Partners
- Join OGC
- National & Regional Activities
- OGC Glossary
- About Me
Dr. Raj Singh serves as a Director of Interoperability Programs for OGC. He manages multi-vendor software prototyping projects developing collaborative, interoperable spatial information ecosystems. He also shepherds OGC's mass market efforts to better align geospatial standards with the general IT industry. Currently, Raj is passionate about creating an global catalog of points of interest data, indexing and linking web data about every public and commercial place in the world in the OpenPOIs Registry.
Past projects include efforts to improve information exchange in the building industry at early design stage, and the development of GeoRSS, Geosynchronization, and conformance testing procedures for OGC's web services and encoding standards. Raj has a PhD in Planning Information Systems and a Master's in City Planning from MIT.
He is a member of URISA and the American Association of Geographers.
Standards development organization (SDO) relationships
- World Wide Web Consortium
- buildingSMART International and buildingSMART Alliance
- IJIS (Integrated Justice Information Systems) Institute
- Web3D Consortium
Selected Writing and Talks
- Smart Cities and Cooperation, GEO Informatics, August, 2012.
- Historical Gazetteers and Points of Interest, American Association of Geographers April 2011 in Seattle, WA USA
- SDI 4.0: Crowd-sourcing, Gov-sourcing Geographic Data via Open Geosynchronization, presentation at URISA GIS-Pro, Orlando, FL USA, 29 September 2010.
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing: An Answer to the SDI blues, 2009.
- Member for
- 9 years 8 weeks
- View recent blog entries