The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) is the world's leading not for profit standards development organization for location data, services, and information. Our 525+ member organizations from the world’s leading companies, government departments, Universities, and Research organizations are pushing the boundaries to find ways to better manage and understand the massive amount of digital location data now available, from local to global scales. Combine this with the challenge to integrate new and emerging technologies (e.g. Earth Observation,,The internet of things, Mobile apps, blockchain, AI, connected vehicles, public security, and many others) and we have a vibrant, dedicated and passionate community working in an open and collaborative way to help share location information about pressing issues affecting us all. Our members work on issues such as climate change, disaster management, smart and resilient cities, and much more. If there is a challenge related to sharing important location data, our members are working on it!
We are looking for a Membership Coordinator in our Wayland MA business office to improve and support our services for new and existing members.
Interested in digital maps? Do you use location-enabled apps every day? Would you like to know more about what goes on behind the scenes when you hit a webpage with interactive satellite imagery? Want to learn more about what our members are doing to publish and share information on weather, cities, indoor navigation, health, energy, and utilities?
Come join us at OGC and help us improve services to our members around the globe!
Please note that applications that include a short cover letter describing why you feel you are a strong candidate for the position will receive a priority review.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate member care for 525+ member organizations
- Daily remote communications with members to assess satisfaction, identify and refer issues to staff, assure membership information is current, and promote member retention and OGC events
- Coordinate OGC senior staff interactions with the Consortium’s highest-level members
- Maintain comprehensive member records using the OGC portal and CRM system.
- Lead the update of the member welcome package for new members and new organization representatives
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in member services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a globally distributed team
- Ability to independently research and analyze issues & recommend solutions.
- Experience in using CRM tools
- Bi-lingual / Multilingual
- Member/trade association experience
- Awareness of the Location community and technologies (e.g. Geographic Information Systems, location-based services)
- International customer service experience
- Collaborative style - teamwork oriented
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both local office and remote employees, and with member representatives from a global membership
- Willingness to be flexible, to multitask, and be a quick learner
- Process and detail oriented
Job Type: Full-time
Please Submit applications to jobs [at] opengeospatial.org by the Close of Business, Friday, August 2nd.