Product Manager for OGC Validation Tools
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) is seeking a highly-qualified individual for the positionof Product Manager for OGC Validation Tools within the OGC’s Compliance Program.
The OGC is a non-profit, international, voluntary consensus standards organization that is leading the development of standards and associated best practices for geospatial and location based services. The Product Manager is responsible for the Consortium’s validation tools and support to the community that implements OGC standards.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Design strategies and execute plans for the development of the open source OGC Validation tools. The OGC Validation tools include the validation engine known as TEAM Engine (TE), the Executable Test Scripts (ETS) and supporting code (TE Statistics, TE Builder, TE Virtualization, etc.). These tools are available as open source projects in GitHub.
- Provide hands-on maintenance of the code, respond to issues, merge pull requests and develop code as required.
- Manage and prioritize the issues and features for the releases of the different validation tools in coordination with the project leads. Each ETS is a project and has a lead associated with it.
- Manage builds and releases of all the validation tools, including doing a monthly release.
- Manage developer resources.
- Coordinate with reference implementations regarding any issues that might arise when updating the ETSs.
- Manage the documentation for the OGC validation tools.
- Work with implementers around the world to support improvement to their software to become OGC complaint.
- Collaborate with the OGC CITE Subcommittee to continuously improve the tools and the process.
- Collaborate with OGC Standard Working Groups to coordinate development of tests and improvement of standards based on feedback from the test development process
- Coordinate with the OGC CITE Subcommittee and the Executive Director of the Standards Program to release Executable Test Suites following approval by the OGC consensus process.
- Respond to the CITE forum and issues reported by the community in a prompt manner.
- Report on health status per project and suggest improvements.
- Maintain the Compliance Program Policies and Procedures.
The Product Manager should have solid interpersonal and team coordination skills to be able to communicate effectively with a distributed network of developers including testers, product managers, OGC working groups, and implementers world-wide.
The Product Manager should demonstrate the skills to manage a team of developer resources (individuals or organizations) that is internationally distributed. The software developers are in-kind contributors or have an agreement (paid or via exchange of membership) with OGC to maintain the code for the OGC validation tools. Approximately 10 organizations are currently part of the network and are based in Asia, Europe and North America.
The Product Manager should be comfortable working in an autonomous and distributed work environment, be familiar with the OGC standards baseline, have excellent technical writing skills (necessary to update release documentation, create public information, edit GitHub issues), have experience with coding/data schema design, have experience with continuous integration and understand the process for dealing updates and patches from open source
communities. Exemplary technical project experience in software development, engineering, and documentation is required.
The Product Manager should have extensive experience with the following technologies: Java, Code release, Maven, GIT, Continuous integration and tools such as Bamboo, Teamcity or Hudson, Apache web server, Tomcat, Testing Frameworks/tools: CTL, TestNG, JUNIT, SOAPUI.
OGC offers competitive salary and benefits. This position reports to the OGC Executive Director, Innovation Program.
To be considered for this position, send your expression of interest, resume, references and salary requirements, prior to
31st March 30 April, 2017, to: jobs [at] opengeospatial.org.