OGC Membership Fees Table
The OGC is an open membership organization. The OGC offers a range of membership options for industry, government, academic, research and not-for-profit organizations interested in supporting the Consortium’s global mission:
After determining your membership fee (see the OGC membership fee calculator at the top of this page), you may begin the application process using either our printable paper form(s) or our online application. Membership fees are discounted for many countries.
Read more below about the benefits of membership for each of the OGC membership levels. In the About menu above you will find information about the OGC's organizational structure and policies.
Associate membership (eight types)
The table below lists the features of each membership level.
|Benefits /Membership Level||Associate Membership||Technical||Principal||Strategic|
|OGC Member Portal Access||√||√||√||√|
|Networking, Business Intelligence and Partnering||√||√||√||√|
|Listed / Company Link of Website||√||√||√||√|
|Member listing on OGC Website||√||√||√||√|
|Working group Voting rights||√||√||√||√|
|Free Registrations to each TC/PC quarterly meeting||1||2||4||20|
|Funded opportunities to participate in Innovation Program Initiatives||√||√||√||√|
|Member Discount on Trademark License Fees||√||√||√||√|
|Annual Unlimited Trademark License Fee Package||√
|Staff Facilitated Networking, Business Intelligence and Partnering||√||√||√|
|Technical Committee Voting Rights||√||√||√|
|Annual Meeting with Senior Staff (On-Site)||√²||√||√|
|Company Logo on OGC Website||√||√|
|Planning Committee Voting Rights||√||√|
|Co-host OGC Webinar||√||√|
|Dedicated Staff Hours||24||40|
|Strategic Member Advisory Committee Voting Participation||√|
- Commercial / Government National
- Government Supranational
- Small Company (<USD 2,000,000 annual gross revenue)
- Research Institution
- Non-Governmental Organizations / Not for Profit
- Government Subnational (e.g. state or provincial organization)
- Government Local (e.g. town, city, county…)
- Individuals – sole proprietors / independent contractors / LLC treated as a sole proprietor
Associate membership provides: forums for peer-to-peer networking; webinars with technology providers and advanced technology users; access to members-only OGC documents; and attendance at OGC meetings, which affords networking with a global community of users and providers.
Technical – As a Technical member, in addition to the features and benefits of Associate membership, your organization will also have voting participation in the OGC Technical Committee on all standards and other matters brought before the TC for approval. (Candidate standards developed in OGC Standards Working Groups must be approved by the Technical Committee.) Technical members receive 2 free registrations to each OGC Technical Committee meetings. Through its registrations, your organization can cover sessions at quarterly TC meetings and expose your people to the rich networking opportunities that OGC meetings provide. Technical members also receive an annual unlimited package ceiling on Trademark Licensing Fees, and may arrange and annual OGC staff on-site visit if travel costs are paid by member.
- Maintain and approve policies and procedures for OGC’s Innovation Program
- Receive 20 free registrations to each quarterly Technical and Planning Committee meeting, and an annual unlimited package ceiling on Trademark Licensing Fees for their products
- Receive up to 40 hours of OGC staff support each year for internal training and advice
- Coincident with its membership year and with OGC president approval, a Strategic member may assign 2 Associate and 4 Individual one-year memberships to universities, research organizations, commercial provider organizations or independent contractors that work under contract to the member in support of OGC related activities. These Associate and Individual members must become paying members to continue OGC involvement beyond their first year. Strategic members may assign different organizations to membership at the beginning of each membership year.