Glossary of Terms - N
- National Mapping Agencies
- National government agencies, such as the UK's Ordnance Survey, France`s Institut Geographique National (IGN) and the US's US Geological Survey and Federal Geographic Data Committee, that are chartered to provide national mapping products and services.
- National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI)
- Information Infrastructure elements that make digital geographic information a part of everyone's digital information environment: data content and metadata standards; national Framework (base) data; metadata to help inventory, advertise, and intelligently search geographic data sets; a clearinghouse that allows for catalog searches across multiple geodata servers on the Internet; commercial geoprocessing products that interoperate through interfaces that conform to interoperability interface specifications; and partnerships to advance data sharing and NSDI development.
- navigation service
- An enhanced version of the Route Service, which is a network-accessible service that determines travel routes and navigation information between two or more points.
- Non-governmental organization
- National Information Infrastructure. A nation`s entire collection of public and private digital information, physical networks and network software, computers, and knowledge about how to use them.
- National Mapping Agency
- 0-dimensional topology primitive (see OGC Abstract Specification (Topic 1) clause 7.3.12)
- Neutral Transfer Format. Interchange of geographic information within UK