President & CEO, Open Geospatial Consortium
The Board of Directors of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC), seeks qualified candidates for the position of OGC President & Chief Executive Officer.
The OGC is a non-profit, international, voluntary consensus standards organization that is leading the development of standards and associated best practices to ensure wide-spread use of geospatial and location-based information and services. Established in 1994, the OGC provides a global forum for representatives from industry, government, academia, not for profit and research interests to identify, agree upon, prioritize and advance new levels of location information interoperability to provide capabilities to meet the needs of business and government decision makers.
OGC is registered as a 501(c)(6) not for profit trade association in the US with registered operations in Europe and India. With a membership of over 500 organizations worldwide, and 27 staff located across N. America, Europe and Asia, OGC seeks a highly qualified candidate to provide executive leadership and management of the organization, with responsibility for overseeing the administration, operations, and programs of the organization, as well as to guide the Consortium’s strategic planning process.
The OGC President & CEO is responsible for assuring the operational/mission success and shaping the vision, values and strategic direction of the Consortium. The successful candidate for this position must have demonstrated executive leadership experience that includes organizational budgeting, supervision of a highly geographically dispersed staff, management of complex and diverse international technical program activities, development and sustainment of key stakeholder and partnership arrangements. A strong marketing and communications acumen is also required, along with a solid understanding of the geospatial / location-based services marketplace.
The ideal candidate will possess the knowledge, experience and skills necessary to ensure success in the following areas:
- Development of strategic plans and programs to address and prioritize OGC’s approach with changing market and technology trends, and to maintain the Consortium’s focus on serving future market needs;
- Development and execution of annual budget and business plans, working with members, staff and guidance from the Board of Directors to assure delivery of outcomes consistent with the Consortium mission, member interests and market / technology trends;
- Employing sound financial and business judgment and implementing risk management controls to ensure short- and long-term stability and integrity of the organization’s finances;
- Serving as senior most spokesperson for the Consortium, employing exemplary communication and public relations skills to elevate the visibility, value and reputation of the organization and its work among members, partners and external audiences.
- Instituting efficient and innovative programs to assure member satisfaction, retention and growth;
- Selecting and maintaining a professional, highly motivated staff capable of executing business plans and programs successfully within budget and timelines;
- Establishing and managing the administration of staff-wide performance plans and performance assessment process, as well as appropriate performance incentives;
- Assuring development, maintenance, and integrity of Consortium governance processes as outlined in the OGC Bylaws, and related organizational policies and procedures; and
- Supporting the Chair of the OGC Board of Directors in the planning and conduct of OGC Board Meetings
The President & CEO reports the OGC Board of Directors, providing support to the Chair and Directors in their capacity to assure fiduciary health of the organization, and to shape the mission, vision and strategic direction of the consortium.
This position involves extensive international travel in support of consortium functions, from 3-4 months of the year, in support of activities such as Consortium member meetings, member and alliance partner interaction, membership recruitment, and program business development.
OGC offers competitive salary and benefits.
To apply: send your expression of interest and qualifications in confidence to jobs [at] opengeospatial.org (subject: Position%20Announcement) . The deadline for submissions is 30 September 2018.