1st Annual Pan-Canadian Spatial Data Infrastructure SUMMIT 2014
GeoDiscover Alberta, in conjunction with GeoConnections, is pleased to announce that registration to our 1st annual SDI Summit is now open.
Being held in Calgary from September 17 to 19, 2014, this SDI Summit will showcase the best Canada has to offer in the geospatial information field and help foster the establishment of a network of spatial data infrastructures across Canada.
- Building a Pan-Canadian SDI network
- The importance of geospatial data and information to the Energy sector
- An overview of current Canadian spatial data infrastructures (SDIs) governance models
- Focus on Standardization and Interoperability
- The Role of SDIs in Disaster Relief – Lessons learned from the 2013 Alberta Flood
- A Geospatial Vision for the Future - Geospatial sensors – the new Electronic skin
KEY NOTE SPEAKERS – Key note speakers are still being finalized and will place Canada in a global SDI context; highlighting our strengths and focusing on current and future opportunities for advancement. Updates and Speaker Bios will be posted on our website as they are finalized.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF A GREAT OPPORTUNITY – As this event coincides with the Open GeoSpatial Consortium (OGC) annual meeting being held in Calgary from September 15th to 19th, 2014, we are lucky enough to be able to take advantage of this opportunity to hold a joint event with our two groups on Day One.
CONFERENCE COSTS – Attendance to the conference is FREE however attendees will be expected to pay their own airfare, accommodations and any meals outside those designated as conference events.
REGISTRATION – As space is limited, priority will be given to Canadian government employees - at national, provincial, territorial, and municipal levels – who are involved in establishing and promoting geospatial information sharing within their organizations and beyond.
TO LEARN MORE or TO REGISTER – Check out our website .