Webinar: OGC Health Domain Working Group Ad Hoc Meeting
Over the past decade, health authorities have used geospatial technologies to help respond to influenza outbreaks, plan responses to public health risks of extreme weather conditions, implement beast cancer programs, track West Nile virus, and much more. Wider use of OGC standards by the health mapping community would make more data and processing resources discoverable, assessable and accessible.
A draft two-page Health Domain Working Group (DWG) Charter was introduced into the OGC membership and various expressions of interest and recommendations have been collected. An ad-hoc meeting webinar has been arranged to invite wider review of the draft Health DWG Charter, collect inputs, and move toward member adoption of a formal charter. The meeting is free and open to the public. The proposed OGC Health DWG Ad Hoc webinar will provide OGC members and the public with an opportunity to identify marketplace interoperability needs and inform non-member participants in global, national, and sub-national health mapping efforts about the OGC standards process.
Here is the preliminary agenda:
1. Welcome / Introductions
2. Overview of Draft Health DWG Charter
3. Background of previous OWS testbeds and pilot projects and OGC standards that touch on health.
4. Identification of initiatives in different countries/regions that are using OGC standards to support health domain applications
5. Identification of key barriers, needs, and opportunities
7. Goals and Objectives – Informing next steps toward a OGC Health DWG
8. Identification of interested members / nominations for co-chairs
To register for the webinar, visit https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/145430239 .
I look forward to your participation.
Eddie Oldfield is Owner, Spatial QUEST Solutions and is an OGC member. He was formerly Director, New Brunswick Climate Change Hub www.nbhub.org at the New Brunswick Lung Association www.nb.lung.ca. He is an Appointed Member, Resilient Communities Working Group, National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (Canada, UNISDR, Hyogo Framework of Action) and an Appointed Member, National Advisory Committee, QUEST Canada www.questcanada.org .