Canadian OGC Summit
Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland
115 Cavendish Square
St. Johns, NL A1C 3K2, Canada
The next Open Geospatial Consortium meetings will be held in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, from June 26-30th, 2017. In anticipation of strong Canadian participation, Natural Resources Canada - GeoConnections and OGC is organizing the first Canadian OGC Summit. The intent of this event is to provide an opportunity for the community to meet to;
- Learn more about the Canadian geospatial community’s leadership role in innovating for Geospatial Standards and Interoperability
- Gain an understanding of the value of OGC standards and innovation initiatives for Canadian geospatial users and producers.
- Provide an environment for an open and vibrant discussion on Canadian geospatial initiatives.
- Consider the creation of an OGC Canada Forum to strengthen collaboration with Canadian private sector, government, academic, research, not for profit/non-governmental and Indigenous organisations
- Discuss key focus areas, issues, and objectives for the proposed forum (e.g. user engagement, geospatial community promotion, capacity building, requirements, others?)
- Identify potential actions, times lines, and representatives from participating organisations to ensure forum activity is sustainable
The meeting is open to representatives from all interested organisations, inclusive of both OGC members and non-members. Registration is required for this no-fee event. Remote participation will be available, for those representatives unable to travel. Information on how to register and how to connect remotely will follow.