September '14 Technical and Planning Committee - Calgary, Canada
University of Calgary
2500 University Dr. NW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The tentative agenda is now online.
As part of the OGC Technical Committee Meeting week in Calgary, the OGC Academic Summit 2014 will be held September 15~16 2014 at the University of Calgary. We invite the academic community to submit papers describing new research into geospatial interoperability or the use of interoperable geoprocessing in domains that use spatial technologies. See the Call for Papers. The ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (IJGI) will publish a special issue for the OGC Academic Summit 2014. Accepted papers will be considered for inclusion in the IJGI Open Geospatial special issue.
On-line Registration is now open:
- In order to submit registration through security, we will cut off early-bird registration on 11 September. On-Site registration fees will be imposed on or after 12 September.
- OGC Members Must register through the My Account section of the OGC Member Portal
- Non-members and Guest may register directly through the OGC Storefront.
There are Meeting Fees associated with the OGC TC/PC Meetings. Based upon your organization's OGC Membership Level, you will have at least one Complementary registration for each meeting.
The Wednesday evening Dinner will be $55.00 USD per person.
|Meetings and Events||Earlybird Rate (Before 12 September)||On-Site (on or after 12 September)|
|OGC Member - Technical Committee (comp'd)||$0||$50
|OGC Member - Technical Committee Meetings**||$225.00||$275.00|
|OGC Member - Technical Committee Meetings - Daily Rate||$100.00||$150.00|
|Non-Member - Technical Committee Meetings **
|Non-Member - Technical Committee Meetings - Daily Rate||$200.00
|OGC Dinner Only||$55.00||$55.00|
** Use for two or more days of Technical Committee attendance.
The closest hotel to the Rozsa Centre is the Hotel Alma on campus. One minute walk to Rozsa Centre. (http://www.hotelalma.ca/).
There is a cluster of hotels near campus about 18 minutes walk to Rozsa Centre:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calgary NW - University Area (http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/calgary/yycbt/hoteldetail)
- Comfort Inn & Suites University (http://www.choicehotels.ca/en/comfort-inn-&-suites-university-calgary-hotel-cn387)
- Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest (http://www.ramada.com/hotels/alberta/calgary/ramada-limited-calgary/hotel-overview)
- Best Western Village Park Inn (http://www.villageparkinn.com/)
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Calgary University NW (http://www.hamptoncalgary.com/)
- Travel Lodge University North (http://www.travelodge.ca/hotel/travelodge-calgary-university-north)
There are some nicer hotels in downtown, where is about 30 minutes C-Train ride ($3 CAD per ride) to campus.
- Hyatt Regency Calgary (http://calgary.hyatt.com/)
- Calgay Marriot Downtwon (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yycdt-calgary-marriott-downtown-hotel/)
- Hotel Le Germain Calgary (www.germaincalgary.com)
- Fairmont Palliser (www.fairmont.com/palliser-calgary)
You can find the Parking map here: (http://www.ucalgary.ca/parking/visitorparking). The closest parkade is the Art Parkade ($10 CAD per entry).
If you are interested in visiting the Banff National Park:
The Banff National Park is about 80 minutes drive from Calgary (map) and it’s a very scenic ride. Renting a car would be a good idea. Just follow 16th Avenue North heading west and you will be surrounded by the Canadian Rockies in about 30 minutes.
Pre-TC or Post-TC Trip Suggestions
September is a great time to visit the Canadian Rockies as it’s not too cold and not too hot. Below are some suggestions:
- Barrier Lake in the Kananaskis Provincial Park is a nice and easy hike. And it’s close to Calgary.
- Consolation Lakes is an easy hike (60 m elevation gain) near Moraine Lake.
- Larch Valley and Sentinel Pass is a great one day hike (7 hours, 732 m elevation gain).
Hot Springs (Banff Upper Hot Springs)
Scenic Drive (One Day: Calgary-Banff-Moraine Lake-Lake Louise-Columbia Icefields and drive back)