Why get certified?
Governments throughout the world are increasingly requesting solutions that are compliant with OGC standards. For example:
- UK: Ministry of Defense Guidance on the Application of Geospatial Intelligence Standards (DEF STAN 00-102 Issue 1).
- USA: Request for proposal by Army Geospatial Center for solutions for terrain imaging in command post and vehicles.
- UAE: Request for Proposal by Department of Municipal Affairs of Emirate of Abu Dhabi for contracting Services for Technology and Data Component of Municipal Spatial Solutions Infrastructure (MSSI).
If you are already implementing OGC standards in your products and web services, having those products' certified compliant is a great opportunity to improve your product and get more business. The OGC has certified hundreds of products and maintains an online database with detailed information about the products that implement and comply with OGC standards. You can register your product in our online database as soon as you have implemented an OGC standard, but the next step is to get your product implementation certified, which proves to the world that you have implemented an OGC standard correctly. The OGC Compliance webinar will explore the whys and how's of the certification process.
This session will provide practical information about how to get your products OGC certified and how to promote them as OGC Certified products. The following topics will be covered:
- Why get OGC certified
- Available tests and roadmap for new test availability (New tests include WFS 2.0, GML 3.2.1, and SPS 2.0 )
- How to use the online testing facility
- How to use the online compliance submission system
- Ways you can reduce your license fees:
- Become an Early Implementer
- Provide a Reference Implementation
- Why raise your level of membership
- How to test client implementations as well as server implementations
- How to test software for its ability to produce data that complies with OGC Standards for encodings, such as the OGC Geography Markup Language (GML) Encoding Standard and the OGC Sensor Model Language Encoding Standard (SensorML)
- How to get help
- How to use the OGC brand in your marketing
To register for this webinar, please visit: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/433332447