October 2012 TC/PC - Seoul, South Korea
Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (MLTM)
Organized by OGC Korea, Korea Cadastral Survery Corporation, Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements, Korean Association of Surveying & Mapping.
The Coex Convention and Exhibition Center ("Coex Center") is located in Seoul, the capital of the Republic of Korea.
The Tentative Agenda is now posted. Please check back frequently as the agenda will change.
The 82nd OGC TC/PC Meetings are hosted by the Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (MLTM) of Republic of Korea and organized by Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) from October 7(Sun) to 12(Fri), 2012 in Seoul, Korea. For regular TC/PC meetings, OGC members need to complete registrations on the OGC Portal site. All side event registrations are available on the local meeting information page (www.ogcseoultcpc.info).
In addition to OGC working group meetings, there will be various activities as follows:
- OGC Standards Tutorials (Sunday, October 7): Educational sessions and lessons for practical uses of OGC standards. (http://www.ogcseoultcpc.info/program/sub_01.php?m=11)
- IndoorGML workshop will aid those who develop Indoor positioning technologies to utilize IndoorGML to its full potential. Those who are developing applications and services based on the indoor position of a user or object are also invited to present their requirements. ( http://stem.cs.pusan.ac.kr/indoorGMLWorkshop/ )
- Public Session (Monday, October 8): Vice Minister of MLTM and officers will welcome OGC members. Keynote presenters will give lessons to the participants about their activities and visions related to geospatial standards. Public Session combines with Opening Plenary. (http://www.ogcseoultcpc.info/program/sub_03.php?m=13)
- Welcoming Reception (Monday, October 8): A good opportunity to meet OGC members and local geo professionals.
- Smart Geospatial Expo 2012 (Wednesday, October 10 through 12): Korea’s annual, largest geospatial exhibition and convention. There is a participating OGC member section. (http://smartgeoexpo.kr/static/eng)
- Official Dinner (Wednesday, October 10): Enjoy beautiful Seoul and dinner cruise on the Han River.
- OGC Interoperability Day (Friday, October 12):: It is to discuss harmonization and interoperability issues between geospatial and building information. It is co-organized by ISO/TC 211 Ad hoc group on GIS-BIM and OGC. (http://www.ogcseoultcpc.info/program/sub_04.php?m=14)
On-line Registration is now open for the OGC Technical and Planning Committee Meetings:
- OGC Members Must register through the My Account section of the OGG Member Portal
- Non-members and Guest may register directly through the OGC Storefront.
For events outside the TC/PC Meetings you will need to register seperately vi the www.ogcseoultcpc.info website.
There are Meeting Fees associated with the OGC TC/PC Meetings. Based upon your organization's OGC Membership Level, you will have at least one Complementary registration for each meeting.
The Wednesday evening Cruise and Dinner Reception will be free for all attendees.
|Meetings and Events||Earlybird Rate (Before 1 October)||On-Site (on or after 1 October)|
|OGC Member - Technical Committee (comp'd)||$0||$50
|OGC Member - Technical Committee Meetings**||$225.00||$275.00|
|OGC Member - Technical Committee Meetings - Daily Rate||$100.00||$150.00|
|Non-Member - Technical Committee Meetings **
|Non-Member - Technical Committee Meetings - Daily Rate||$200.00
|Wednesday Cruise and Dinner Reception Only||$0.00||$0.00|
** Use for two or more days of Technical Committee attendance.
MLTM has contracted with the COEX to provide facilities and housing accomodations for the OGC TC/PC attendees. To receive the room block discounts, you will need to go to the special website that the COEX has set up for the OGC Meetings ( http://www.ogcseoultcpc.info/ ). There you will need to register with the site in order to reserve your hotel rooms. The registration on the OGC Seoul TC/PC Info site is in addition to registering for the OGC TC/PC Meetings. You must do both. The hotel reservation deadline is now Friday, September 14 by midnight (Korean Standard Time).
- Travel to Seoul
1 hour from Incheon airport (59.1km or 36.6miles)
Limousine (the best option)
- Rail & Metro
1.5 hours from Incheon airport
- Additional travel information
- Passports & Visas
- Travellers to South Korea may require a valid authority to enter South Korea. There are 51 countries for which a visa is not required. Go to http://south-korea.visahq.com/ to check is a visa is required.
- Should you require a letter of invitation – contact MLTM (Minister of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs)
- Strict quarantine regulations apply
Importation of food, seeds, animals, plants, animals or plant products is prohibited
In bound passengers are allowed to import a modest amount of duty free alcohol and tobacco
- Domestic power supply 220V/60 Hz, CEE 7/7 sockets. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets#Europlug_compatible_standards