December '07 OGC Planning Committee Meeting - Stresa, Italy
Lungolago Umberto I, 33
28838 Stresa, Italy
Attendees will NOT be required to stay in an OGC Room Block. We would suggest that for convenience, you may stay at the Conference Hotel:
Hotel La Palma
Special rates for the JRC-OGC Meetings are as follow (and are subject to change without notice):
- One very nice Superior Double Room with wonderful front lake and islands view:
Bed & Breakfast: Euro 180,00
- One very nice Double Room with balcony with side lake and islands view:
Bed & Breakfast: Euro 150,00
- One very nice Double Room with balcony with mountains view:
Bed & Breakfast: Euro 135,00
- One very nice Double Room for Single Use with balcony with mountains view:
Bed & Breakfast: Euro 95,00
All prices are per room and per night, including use of the fitness room on the 6th floor, service, all taxes and parking.
Additionally, there are a large number of hotels in the immediate area that will vary in price and amenities.
- Grand Hotel Des Iles Borromees
- Regina Palace
- Grand Hotel Bristol
- Hotel Villa Aminta
Travel to Hotel La Palma
- Car - From Milano: Take the "A8" highway, "Laghi-Sesto Calende-Varese" direction; then take the "A26" highway, "Gravellona Toce" diretion; Nearest way out to Stresa; "Carpugnino"
- Train - Stresa is on the main railway Milano - Simplon - Geneva - Paris. The train station is within walking distance from the Hotel. Taxi are usually available outside the train station.
- Plane - The Hotel is 45Km Northeast of Milano Malpensa Airport (MXP) and 110Km northeast of Milano Linate Airport (LIN).
Additional details (not yet confirmed, as the train schedules are not listed after December 8th).
- Take a taxi from Malpensa airport to Stresa. It costs between 100-150 €, (depending day/evening etc.), or
- Take a taxi or the Malpensa Express bus from Malpensa airport to Milano or Gallarate station. The bus-stop is outside the airport and there are departures every 20 minutes, (duration 15 minutes). From Milano Centrale (http://www.trenitalia.com/ or http://www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html ) or Gallarate station to Stresa, you can take the train (1 hour by train). When you arrive at Stresa station, you can walk, as the hotels are just down the hill (5 Minutes) or take a taxi.
- Sample Itinerary
- Stage 1:
FROM: MALPENSA Airport
TO: GALLARATE Railway Station
Departure from: Terminal 1- floor -1 Railway station
06.55 a.m. 01.13 p.m. 07.15 a.m.**
01.53 p.m.* 07.56 a.m.
03.30 p.m. 08.29 a.m.*
04.28 p.m. 09.00 a.m.
05.38 p.m. 09.30 a.m.*
06.45 p.m.* 10.30 a.m.
07.50 p.m. 11.30 a.m.**
(*) only from Monday to Friday
(**) only from Monday to Saturday
Duration Time: 25 minutes
Price: From Terminal 1 € 1.55
From Terminal 2 € 1,30
Tickets can be bought on the bus
Additional information: contact SA.CO. (+39.0331.258411)
FROM: GALLARATE Railway Station
TO: STRESA Railway Station
The Regional Train schedules are not yet available. The Below is the EuroCity timetables are listed after 8 December: Depart
12:58 13:28 14:58 15:28 16:58 17:28 19:54 20:24
Price: Standard Rate for one adult - 1st Class is € 8.00 if purchased online
NOTE: In addition, the Regional Trains typically have about 15 runs between Gallarate and Stresa per day .
Stage 3: Take a taxi or walk from the Stesa Railway Station to the Hotel La Palma.